for 16 node rocks+ is free
rocks+ 6.0.1 Complete StackClick the below link to register and download Rocks+ as a complete bootable Big Infrastructure stack (free for up to 16-nodes). The stack includes the following modules (“Rolls”) for Rocks:
- Rocks Base
- Rocks Core
- Cassandra (beta)
- CentOS 6.2
- Grid Engine
- MongoDB (beta)
- Web Serve
6.0.1 Modules “a la carte”:-All “Rocks+” Rolls require the “Rocks+ Core Roll” to be installed
-Rocks+ requires a license file for systems larger than 16-nodes
- Base Roll – Rocks+ Base, Rocks+ Command Line
- Kernel Roll – Support for latest x86 chipsets
- Core Roll – Rocks+ Core, Rocks+ GUI
- Ganglia Roll – Cluster Monitoring
- Web Server Roll – Apache Web Server and WordPress
- Dell Roll – Dell Drivers and Tools (Contact US)
- HP Roll – HP Drivers and Tools
- HPC Roll – HPC Libraries
- Grid Engine Roll – Workload Manager (open source)
- NVIDIA CUDA Roll – GPGPU Drivers and Compilers
- OFED Roll – InfiniBand Drivers and Libraries (collaboration with Mellanox)
- Solarflare – 10GigE Drivers and Libraries
- Perl Roll – CPAN Libraries (open source)
- Moab Roll (Contact Us) – Workload Manager from Adaptive Computing
- Univa Grid Engine Roll – Workload Manager from Univa
- Intel Developer Roll – Compilers
- Hadoop Roll – Apache Hadoop
- Cassandra Roll (Beta) – Cassandra NoSQL DB
After one register you will receive email on how to download the iso
I did a test drive with SGE, OFED and Intel.
It also include version of environment modules.
- rocks+6 installation is almost the same as installing rocks
- it includes centos 6.2
- it include OFED and cuda roll
- it include Hadoop roll
- free with 16 nodes
- some open source rolls host on github
- these rolls seems a fork from open source rock??
- MPI stack only has openmpi and it doesnot include mpich2 and mpich1
I download the mpi roll from the triton github, e.g get a snapshot
the triton also contain ofd, intel , envmodules, hadoop , moab, myrinet_mx , myri10gbe and other roll.
The README contains very import info
- This roll source supports building specified flavors of MPI with different compilers and for different network fabrics.
- By default, it builds mpich, mpich2, mvapich2, and openmpi using the gnu compilers for ethernet.
- To build for a different configuration, use the ROLLMPI, ROLLCOMPILER and ROLLNETWORK make variables, e.g.,
- make ROLLMPI='mpich2 openmpi' ROLLCOMPILER=intel ROLLNETWORK=mx
- The build process currently supports one or more of the values "intel" and "gnu" for the ROLLCOMPILER variable, defaulting to "gnu".
- It uses any ROLLNETWORK variable value(s) to load appropriate openmpi modules, assuming that there are modules named openmpi_$(ROLLNETWORK) available (e.g., openmpi_ib, openmpi_mx, etc.).
- setup envmodule inte/2011-sp1
- The ROLLMPI, ROLLCOMPILER, and ROLLNETWORK variables values are incorporated into the names of the produced roll and rpms, e.g.,
- make ROLLMPI=openmpi ROLLCOMPILER=intel ROLLNETWORK=ib produces a roll with a name that begins "mpi_intel_ib_openmpi"; it contains and installs similarly-named rpms
- e.g. mpi_intel_ib_openmpi-6.0.1-0.x86_64.disk1.iso
- now in frontend (need to setup and use module intel/2011_sp1)
- rocks add roll <path>/mpi_intel_ib_openmpi-6.0.1-0.x86_64.disk1.iso
- rocks enable roll mpi_intel_ib_openmpi
- cd /export/rocks/install
- rocks create distro
- rocks run roll mpi_intel_ib_openmpi|bash
- (install intel_ib_openmpi ... rpm)
- init 6
- reinstall all compute nodes
- mpich(1) is broken one can not build so need to use ROLLMPI="mpich2 mvapich openmpi " or just ROLLMPI=openmpi
- openmpi Makefile come with option --with-tm=/opt/torque need to replace by --with-sge=/opt/gridengine in my case.
- one need to setup envmodule for gnu and intel so one can build with eth, or ib and gnu or intel
- not sure there is any difference between rock+ and rock build process
- when one build various roll's iso in frontend it will install the rpm into the frontend
- One should try to build these iso in a development appliance